Monday, September 1, 2008

1st DAY OF SCHOOL





Well, last week both Montgomery and Bennett had their first day of school. Montgomery's day began bright and early at 6:40AM and with the whole family loaded into the car we drove him to San Antonio Academy. It was a very bitter sweet moment for me because I have wanted this day since before Montgomery was born. It seemed so silly when he was only 10 days old to mail in his application and fee to SAA, but as he jumped out of the car in his sweet "uniform" and onto his classroom, my heart had sort of an out of body experience. I know that this is the best place in the whole world for him to grow and learn.



Bennett was so excited to be going pretty much anywhere that dropping her off on the first day did not produce the tears from her that I thought it would - but each day after that got worse and worse for her. So much so that Chad and I have opted to take her only 3 days a week instead of 5. She just seems sooo much smaller than Montgomery was when he started school. Thankfully Lupita is still with us and so it's not a big deal for Bennett not to go everyday. Bennett does seem to like playing outside and of course she enjoys the music time.




All in all it was a good first week of school for my children. I can only imagine all that they are going to learn during the next 9 months!!! I sure hope everyone else is doing great with this adjustment.