Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Montgomery's 5th birthday









First, let me say that today is very bittersweet for me. I am so excited for Montgomery to have turned 5 years old today, but I have no idea how we got HERE. He's so big and so smart and I love him SO MUCH that my heart actually hurts sometimes. Montgomery loves school, he loves his new friends, and he loves knowing it ALL!! Since his actual birthday fell on a school day, I took the whole day off and spent most of it with him. Chad and I went to chapel with him. I stayed until snack time. Montgomery decided to take Shipley's glazed donuts and his favorite CapriSun Coolers. Later I met him back at his school for lunch. It was so neat because Mr. Webster gathered a group of boys around Montgomery and they sang happy birthday to him. Montgomery never stopped eating his lunch!!! Then that afternoon we had the second party of the day at the bowling alley. Twenty five of his classmates showed up to bowl and they had a blast!!!! The parents had to be very hands on at the party, but I think everyone had lots of fun. I'd recommend it. Once we finally got home that night, we opened up his very cool birthday presents from his friends. They were all super generous. His favorites were a glow in the dark race track and the two air guns - one shoots out yellow balls & one shoots out marshmallows! All in all it was a great 5th birthday for Montgomery. We are looking forward to Saturday for his third party to celebrate with our family and close friends!