Monday, July 28, 2008

Summertime Fun



Here is a picture of Bennett in the pool last Saturday afternoon and one of Montgomery & Chad playing with a remote controlled shark in the pool (Thanks Rob!). I love that Montgomery walks around in his underwear at night after he takes a bath. He's just so cute!

Well, as my summertime fun comes to an end, I am feeling really blue. I go back to work in just two more days and it seems like I'm walking around with a frog in my throat and on the verge of tears. Each and every year at this exact time, I tell myself that I have to do something different next year. I can't spend so much time away from my kids. The summer reminds me of all that I'm missing each day with them. I know that just about every working mom feels this pull. You feel like you need to work for your sanity, but your heart longs to be closer to your children.

Please indulge me while I reflect on the last wonderful 7 weeks. We spent almost a total of 3 weeks at the beach house off and on. Those are always super fun times spent together. I was able to be Montgomery's "chauffeur" each day taking and picking him up from his summer time classes at The Academy. We enjoyed lots of lunches together and lots & lots of "sunny naps" in my bed. I was able to be the first one Bennett saw almost every morning - something I don't get to do during the school year because I have to leave so early for work - and I was able to lay her down for most of her naps as well. She has grown so much this summer. Saying a few words, dancing all the time, and just being a happy, strong spirited little girl. It is at times like this that I want to slow the whole world down and just live in the moment. I want to soak it all up so that I can take from it enough to survive yet another school year.
(I don't mean to sound so bleak. I really like my job, but I love my family so much more. I know you all know exactly what I'm babbling about here! So, thanks for being understanding & for thinking about me on Thursday. I'm going to be a ball of heartache.)